Dental implants are quickly becoming the leading choice for replacing missing teeth. They perform and feel like one’s natural teeth. This is tied to their unique use of a prosthetic tooth root. Dental implants actually replace the missing tooth root with a titanium root. The jawbone fuses to the tooth root in a process known as osseointegration. The connection between bone and implant mimics the bond between natural roots and bone. This is what gives dental implants independent support; they do not rely on surrounding teeth for support. Your Mansfield dentists perform both traditional dental implants as well as mini implants. Take their True/False quiz to learn more about dental implants.
- True or False. Replacing a missing tooth is beneficial because it prevents significant bone loss in the jaw, crooked teeth, and a problematic bite.
- True or False. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris provide mini implants, also referred to as MDI Denture Stabilization System.
- Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris can immediately connect dentures to mini implants so you do not need to return for another appointment.
- True or false. Dental implants can last a lifetime.
- True. Replacing a missing tooth protects your mouth from a host of issues including sagging cheeks, difficulty with eating and speaking, and bone loss.
- True. Mini implants are an excellent option for patients who lack sufficient bone in their jaw to support an implant.
- True. Dr. Jones or Dr. Harris can immediately place dentures on top of your mini implants. They do not require the usual months-long healing period because they are smaller than normal implants and easier to insert.
- True. Implants can last a lifetime with strong home care and dental check ups every six months. Your Mansfield dentists urge patients to brush twice a day and floss every day. It is of utmost importance to focus on regular flossing on both sides of your implant. Avoid smoking because it contributes to bone loss and gum disease.
About Your Mansfield Dentists
If you would like to learn more about dental implants or mini implants, schedule a consultation at (817) 473-6227. Mansfield Dental Associates welcomes and treats patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.