You might wish for a new smile, but are not sure where to start. Or, you may have so many blemishes to worry about that you aren’t sure if a new smile is attainable. For many patients, porcelain veneers can offer a minimally-invasive (and almost immediate) brand new smile, regardless of multiple cosmetic concerns. Made from lifelike materials and crafted to mimic your unique individual teeth, porcelain veneers offer amazing results with surprisingly little preparation.
What Would You Change About Your Smile?
One of the main benefits of porcelain veneers is the fact that they can address a wide variety of cosmetic dental issues, from the color of your teeth to their shapes and sizes. Even if your hygiene routine is excellent, there are certain types of problems that can still develop and may call for porcelain veneers, including;
- Severe teeth stains that cannot be erased with teeth whitening
- A tooth with slight cracks in its enamel (unless the damage is significant and requires a dental crown)
- Teeth that have too much space between them
- Teeth that appear smaller than those next to it
- Teeth with abnormal shapes, jagged edges, word down surfaces, etc.
- Teeth that are slightly crooked (unless orthodontic treatment is necessary)
- And more
How Porcelain Veneers Transform Teeth
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of durable, lifelike dental porcelain that are bonded to the front surfaces of one or more teeth. Each veneer is made from porcelain that is specially tinted to mimic your natural, healthy teeth, and is sculpted according to careful measurements taken during your initial examination. Once they’re completed, the veneers can be permanently bonded to the fronts of your teeth, creating a brand new smile by correcting and concealing your cosmetic dental blemishes.
Also, caring for your veneers is as simple as caring for your teeth. In addition to brushing and flossing twice every day, you will also have to attend regular dental checkup and cleaning appointments for routine care and maintenance.