A bright smile can improve your appearance and be an indicator of a healthy smile. However, our daily habits can cause discoloration to form on the surface of our teeth. Fortunately, we can take steps and recommend tips for a brighter smile. Find out what you can do the combat discoloration.
Brighten Your Smile in Mansfield, TX
1. Brush and Floss Daily: When you fail to remove food from between or on your teeth bacteria break down the particles. Soon, this process coats the teeth in a layer of plaque that allows staining and an increased risk of gum disease and tooth decay. We recommend brushing twice a day and flossing once a day to remove food particles and reduce plaque buildup.
2. Cut back on Soda: Soda is just one example of a drink that contains dark pigments. By drinking these products you can allow discoloration to form. Other drinks include tea, red wine, and coffee. To keep your smile bright we recommend cutting back on the consumption of these drinks.
3. Dental Cleanings: A dental cleaning is a preventive treatment that should be performed once every six months. Only a cleaning can completely remove plaque. The treatment also involves polishing the teeth, brightening them as well. We often recommend the cleaning treatment as a way to reduce the risk of gum disease.
4. Professional Teeth Whitening: We can offer an office-based procedure to erase stains in under an hour or an in-home option that uses gel-filled trays to brighten smiles by multiple shades in as little as one week to ten days.
5. Porcelain Veneers: We can mask discoloration by placing veneers over the front of the teeth. This form of restoration is custom-made from thin shells of porcelain.
ABOUT YOUR MANSFIELD DENTISTS:
Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris of Mansfield Dental Associates rely upon their years of experience, training, and cutting-edge technology to offer patients expert dental care at each and every visit. They listen to each patient’s concerns and offer gentle, informative guidance about future treatments. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call (817) 473-6227. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.