Rest assured, even individuals who take immaculate care of their teeth occasionally require repair from time to time. We understand that every one of our patients experiences an individual journey in life, which is why we encourage you to schedule a visit even if you are embarrassed by your current state of oral health. We don’t see failure or problems when you visit us – we see the potential for a beautiful, healthy smile and enjoy pinpointing the treatments that will best suit your needs. If your teeth and gums could use some TLC, we invite you to learn more about the many benefits of restorative dentistry. Wondering how we can help? Test your knowledge with the following quiz:
A Restorative Dentistry Quiz: True or False
- True or False: The main goal of restorative dentistry is to repair damage and restore your oral health, so you return to your original state of comfort and wellbeing.
- True or False: Dental crowns are used to replace missing teeth.
- True or False: If you suffer from a cavity, we will likely suggest a dental filling to remove the decay and restore your tooth’s structural integrity.
- True or False: Your options for replacing missing teeth primarily include bridges.
Quiz Answer Key
- True. Unlike preventive dentistry, which focuses on helping you avoid the development of problems, restorative care addresses issues that have developed. The goal is to repair the structure of your teeth and gums, while ensuring you return to optimal oral health.
- False. We offer dental crowns to cover and protect remaining teeth that can no longer stand on their own or that require substantial support. This may include a badly damaged tooth, a tooth with a large cavity, or a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment.
- True. Dental fillings will stop your tooth decay from progressing. This is important because the larger your cavity becomes, the greater risk you run of a shattered tooth or an infection that will require more complex, costly restorative care in the future.
- False. In addition to dental bridges that replace one tooth or up to three teeth in a row, we also offer dental prosthetics for all configurations of missing teeth, including dentures and dental implants.
ABOUT YOUR MANSFIELD DENTISTS:
Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris of Mansfield Dental Associates rely upon their years of experience, training, and cutting-edge technology to offer patients expert dental care at each and every visit. They listen to each patient’s concerns and offer gentle, informative guidance about future treatments. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call (817) 473-6227. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.