You probably don’t like thinking about oral cancer, which is exactly why we encourage you to visit us regularly for visual oral cancer tests. When it comes to this progressive disease, we have the capacity to recognize early changes in the lining of your mouth often long before you recognize a change. By allowing us to monitor your health over time, particularly once every six months, you make early detection possible. The sooner we see you and diagnose a concern, the greater your chances of enjoying a full, efficient recovery. Wondering what to expect and why screenings are so significant? Look over the following facts:
Facts About Oral Cancer and Visual Tests
- We will screen you for oral cancer every time you visit us for a dental checkup, thoroughly examining your oral cavity for signs of change.
- This type of cancer is serious and may become fatal. However, when caught in its earliest stages, it is typically quite treatable. Early treatment yields a greatly improved treatment success rate.
- We encourage you to schedule an appointment with us immediately if you notice any of the common signs of oral cancer, which may include: significant weight loss, your teeth seem to shift in their alignment, ear pain or aching, a sore throat that doesn’t seem to go away, voice changes, or other abnormalities that you cannot explain.
- Risk of disease increases in patients over the age of 40.
- Risk of disease also tends to become greater as a result of tobacco use, sun exposure, and a family history of oral cancer.
- Rest assured, we offer compassionate care and will answer all of your questions and concerns during your visit.
ABOUT YOUR MANSFIELD DENTISTS:
Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris of Mansfield Dental Associates rely upon their years of experience, training, and cutting-edge technology to offer patients expert dental care at each and every visit. They listen to each patient’s concerns and offer gentle, informative guidance about future treatments. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call (817) 473-6227. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.