Have you been diagnosed with sleep apnea? Do you suffer from strange daily symptoms of a health problem you cannot seem to pinpoint, like exhaustion and a sore throat in the morning? We can often improve this sleep disorder with effective, noninvasive sleep apnea treatment. Wondering if this solution might improve your daily comfort and your ability to sleep soundly through the night? Test your knowledge with the quiz that follows to find out:
Sleep Apnea Quiz
- True or False: If you suffer from sleep apnea, your throat tissues collapse, blocking your air passages and causing you to wake gasping or choking for air.
- True or False: One of the major side effects of sleep apnea is exhaustion, which can make it dangerous to drive your car.
- True or False: Occasional pauses in breathing during the night sounds scary but it does not really affect your overall health.
- True or False: Your significant other probably won’t notice the sleep apnea events.
- True or False: We offer noninvasive sleep apnea treatment with oral appliance therapy. You will wear a custom-fitted oral device like a mouth guard to realign your jaws and keep your air passages open while you sleep.
- True. This is the experience sleep apnea sufferers deal with up to hundreds of times each night.
- True. You will likely find that you experience severe fatigue, particularly after several nights of interrupted sleep. Driving when you feel exhausted puts yourself and others at danger.
- False. Depriving your brain of oxygen and causing a major disturbance to your sleep schedule can negatively affect your health. In addition to daily exhaustion, you may become at an increased risk for problems like high blood pressure or heart disease.
- False. In many cases, patients are only aware of their sleep disorder because a significant other witnesses the waking events. They happen so quickly that you may fall back to sleep and remember nothing of the experience in the morning.
- True. With this simple, drug-free approach, you may find that you can breathe comfortably through the night, while enjoying the daily benefits of a full night of sleep.
ABOUT YOUR MANSFIELD DENTISTS:
Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris of Mansfield Dental Associates rely upon their years of experience, training, and cutting-edge technology to offer patients expert dental care at each and every visit. They listen to each patient’s concerns and offer gentle, informative guidance about future treatments. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call 817-473-6227. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.