Experts estimate that between 30 and 40 million Americans put off dental care because of dental anxiety. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris understand that some people experience a little more dental anxiety than others and need more help. That is why Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris offer sedation dentistry options to their patients. Take their quiz to test your knowledge of sedation dentistry in Mansfield.
1. True or False. Nitrous oxide, or “laughing gas,” is inhaled through a facemask.
2. True or False. You will stop feeling the effects of nitrous oxide, or “laughing gas,” just minutes after it has stopped being administered.
3. True or False. Oral sedation refers to the taking of an antianxiety medication about an hour prior to dental treatment.
4. True or False. If you take an oral sedative, you will need a friend or relative to drive you home following your appointment.
5. True or False. Your Mansfield dentists and their friendly, skilled staff will note your vital signs at all times to monitor both your comfort as well as your body’s reaction to the medication.
- True. Dr. Jones or Dr. Harris will place a facemask to administer the nitrous oxide.
- True. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris can control the effects of nitrous oxide very easily, and you will experience its effects very soon after it is given. Likewise, it will cease having an effect on you just minutes after it is stopped.
- True. The antianxiety medication will relax you 30 to 60 minutes after taking the medication. It will take your fears away and help you feel more carefree and unafraid.
- True. The oral sedative can affect you by slowing your reflexes for four to six hours after taking it. That is why Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris ask that you arrange for a driver after your appointment.
- True. The team at Mansfield Dental will be with you to monitor you at every step.
About Your Mansfield Dentists
Mansfield Dental Associates rely upon their years of experience, training, and cutting-edge technology to offer patients expert dental care at each and every visit. They listen to each patient’s concerns and offer gentle, informative guidance about future treatments. If you would like to schedule a consultation, call (817) 473-6227. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.