Oral cancer is one of the easiest cancers to detect. Visible symptoms within the oral cavity, such as white spots and unhealed sores, often indicate the presence of the disease. Yet, oral cancer is quickly becoming one of deadliest of cancers. The reason for this is simple: a lack of early detection. Since many people tend to ignore the signs, the disease progresses rapidly. At that point, treatment isn’t of much help and patients succumb to the illness. If you notice an abnormality in your mouth, visit the dentist right away.
With this in mind, the development of cancerous cells is often affected by a certain lifestyle. People who eat more cancer-fighting foods tend to lower their risk. As a way to help his patients stay healthy, Dr. S. Blair Jones, your Mansfield, TX dentist, has formulated a list of cancer-fighting foods; you should consume more of these items on a daily basis.
Incorporate More of These Foods into Your Diet
- Avocados. Particularly the Hass variety can prohibit the grown of cancerous cells in the mouth, tongue, and throat. In fact, almost any dark-colored fruits can help ward off cancer.
- Carrots. As a great cancer-fighting food, raw carrots make the list. Carrots contain beta carotene, which is an antioxidant thought to boost the body’s immune system. Beta carotene converts into vitamin A once consumed and destroys cancerous cells.
- Green tea. Drinking more green tea alongside black, white, and Oolong teas could help you fight cancer. These teas contain strong antioxidants called catechins. Alongside its cancer preventing properties, tea could also impede the onset of Hodgkin’s disease.
- Raspberries. These berries have been known for being highly nutritious. They also contain large amounts of antioxidants, as do strawberries and blueberries. Moreover, raspberries have certain compounds that can combat tumors.
- Tomatoes. Watermelon and tomatoes alike contain lycopene, which eliminates free radicals and inhibits the development of oral cancer cells. Your Mansfield, TX dentist recommends eating more of these fruits to decrease your cancer risk.
Visit Mansfield Dental Associates for Oral Cancer Screenings
Maintaining sound oral health includes visiting the dentist for oral cancer screenings. Your Mansfield, TX dentist has the expert skill to detect the illness and begin treatment immediately. To schedule an appointment, call our Mansfield office at (817) 259-1357. You can also schedule appointments through our website, and review the additional services we offer. We proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.