Do you wish to rejuvenate your smile with a dental implant, yet can’t physically fulfill the requirements for one? Then, Dr. S. Blair Jones, your Mansfield, TX dentist may have a solution for you: mini dental implants. This less-intrusive procedure can provide the benefits a traditional dental implant without adding much hindrance to your life. In this blog, Dr. Jones will highlight some of the benefits of a mini dental implant.
The Alternative to Traditional Dental Implants
With a dental implant, your jawbone is re-stimulated by the replacement of a missing tooth root. This prevents the possibility of bone atrophy from a lack of use—a problem often seen in denture wearers. However, if your jawbone has already begun to atrophy, a traditional dental implant may not work for you. For this reason, your Mansfield, TX dentist offers a mini dental implant (or an MDI). The MDI is a great alternative to traditional dental implants since they don’t require as much bone tissue for insertion. Additionally, the procedure takes less time, which means a shorter recovery period for the patient.
Benefits to a Mini Dental Implant
- Smaller size. An MDI is half the size of a traditional dental implant. Since the components have a smaller structure, less of the bone is penetrated during the procedure. In other words, this microsurgery is relatively fast and doesn’t require a lengthy recovery period.
- Less expensive. Since the MDI procedure is minimally invasive, its affordability increases. Typically, a traditional dental implant can cost as much as $2,000, whereas an MDI can cost as little as $650.
- Fast healing. When you opt for a traditional implant, the recovery period can last months. In fact, a minimum of three months is expected for dental implant surgery. Patients that choose an MDI can heal in mere days, and oftentimes, in a week or less.
- Minimal post-implantation discomfort. Much of the discomfort associated with a dental implant procedure stems from the extent of the process. Usually, the dentist requires much more depth in the jawbone to place a traditional implant. However, since an MDI uses half the depth for its placement, the patient experiences less post-procedure pain. In most cases, patients only need over-the-counter pain relievers to soothe the soreness.
- One visit procedure. Your Mansfield, TX dentist can complete the MDI procedure in just one-visit. Without the need to return for multiple subsequent visits, you can have more time to enjoy your new smile and its capabilities.
Mansfield Dental Associates Offer Dental Implant Options
For the sturdiness of dental implants without the extensive surgery, visit Dr. Jones to discuss mini dental implants. Your Mansfield, TX dentist has the expert skill to strengthen your smile in a minimally invasive manner. To schedule an appointment, call our Mansfield office at (817) 259-1357. You can also schedule appointments through our website, and review the additional services we offer. We proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.