Have you considered getting dental implants? If you’ve answered yes, then this article may prove quite beneficial for you. Many patients who would like implants, don’t know much about the procedure or the tooth replacement itself. To help those patients wanting implants, Dr. S. Blair Jones, your Mansfield, TX dentist shares some facts about dental implants
Dental Implant Facts You Should Know
- Tooth loss plagues many Americans. Finding a tooth replacement isn’t uncommon in the U.S. In fact, more than 65% of Americans between the ages of 35 to 44 have at least one missing tooth. Additionally, 25% of Americans over the age of 75 have endured complete tooth loss.
- The most natural tooth replacement option. Out of the available tooth replacement options, dental implants appear the most natural. The crown is porcelain made, which mimics natural teeth perfectly. Moreover, the titanium metal implant serves as a replacement tooth root. Together, those components create a restoration that’s practically identical to natural teeth.
- Dental implantation is an ancient practice. Back in 600 AD the first bouts of dental implantation began. Oftentimes, cultures removed their natural teeth to replace them with implanted gold teeth to showcase their wealth.
- No cavities. With a dental implant there isn’t any need to worry about developing a cavity; the material won’t become infected by oral bacteria. However, your Mansfield, TX says to remember the rest of your healthy teeth. Those remaining teeth can still become susceptible to oral diseases and ailments. Therefore, take care to continue a sound teeth cleaning routine at least twice a day.
- Jaw bone and tissue stimulation. An implant is the only known tooth replacement that can stimulate the jaw bone and surrounding tissues. With a restorative method, such as a dental bridge or a partial denture, the pieces simply sit atop anchoring teeth or the gum line. Yet, the implant is anchored within the bone, which allows the hard and soft tissues to regenerate and stay healthy.
Mansfield Dental Associates Can Restore Your Smile with Dental Implants
Dental implants have become a popular tooth replacement for many patients who have endured tooth loss. If you would like more information about having an implant procedure, talk to Dr. Jones. He can explain the benefits and detail what to expect throughout the process. To schedule an appointment with our Mansfield, TX dental practice at (817) 259-1357. Also, visit our website to view services and learn more about our team. We proudly treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, Midlothian and neighboring areas.