According to an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry survey, 74% of adults believe that an attractive smile will help them in their career. When respondents were asked what they would like to change about their smile, the most common response was to have whiter teeth. We are inundated with ads marketing the benefits of over-the-counter, do-it-yourself whitening products. Arming yourself with the expert, gentle care of Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris, your teeth whitening experience will give you peace of mind, as well as dramatic results. Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris provide general, restorative, and cosmetic services with state-of-the-art technology. Developing personal relationships with patients, they listen to individual concerns to customize treatment and create smiles that will boost self-confidence, satisfaction, and oral health.
Advantages of In-office Whitening Treatments
- In our office, Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris will use stronger materials than those in the do-it-yourself treatments, which means that our whitening system is usually more effective. For the quickest results, Dr. Jones and Dr. Harris provide Zoom! Whitening which can lighten teeth up to 10 shades in just one visit. During Zoom!, the doctor will place a professional-strength bleaching formula on your teeth, and a special light will illuminate teeth to lift and erase deep stains.
- When our doctors supervise the whitening treatments, they ensure that the soft oral tissues remain unharmed by the whitening agents. They will also use a buffer in the gel to protect the tooth enamel, the top layer of the tooth.
- Over-the-counter whitening trays are not custom-designed to fit your bite. If they do not fit, they may leak tooth whitening gel. This may lead to gum soreness or inflammation, as well as a diluted application. Our trays will be customized to the shape of your mouth, to maximize safety and results.
- Dr. Jones or Dr Harris tailor teeth whitening treatment for patients who experience teeth sensitivity. They will want to know if you’ve ever experienced sensitivity when eating or drinking hot/cold foods or using home whitening products.
- An in-office dental treatment can last one or more years, depending on the foods you eat, whether you smoke, drink tea or coffee, or use chewing tobacco. Our custom home whitening products include fitted trays, with prescription-strength bleaching gel, which must be used as directed. In addition, as with any dental service, maintain strong oral hygiene habits of brushing and flossing to assure the longevity of the whitening — and don’t neglect six-month checkups and cleanings.
About Our Doctors
If you would like to learn more about teeth whitening options, visit Dr. Blair Jones and Dr. Seth Harris of Mansfield Dental Associates. They treat patients from Mansfield, South Arlington, Kennedale, Southeast Ft. Worth, Alvarado, and Midlothian areas. To schedule a consultation, call our office at 817-473-6227 to schedule your next appointment.